The generator can be started remotely from up to a maximum of 109 yards (100 M) away using the remote start key fob with new, fully charged batteries in the key fob. As the batteries’ state of charge in the key fob reduces, the distance to start the generator will also reduce.
Before the generator can be started, an initial start-up procedure must be performed so the generator and the key fob recognize each other. If the key fob is replaced, you will need to go through this procedure with the new fob.
- With the battery connected, turn the engine control switch to the RUN position. The yellow battery light will illuminate.
1 - Start Button | 2 - Stop Button | 3 - Push Button Start
- Push and hold the red REMOTE PAIRING button on the side of the control panel until the push button start (3) on the control panel illuminates red, then let go (see 17 on page 13 for location of button).
- Press and hold the STOP (2) button on the remote start key fob until the red light on the push button start (3) goes out, then let go.
- Press and hold the START (1) button on the remote start key fob until the red light on the push button start (3) goes out, then let go.
- Press and hold the REMOTE PAIRING button until the red light on the push button start (3) goes out. The generator is now programmed to start remotely.