HOW TO PARALLEL A IPRO2500
You must use the WHPC to properly parallel two Westinghouse inverters. If you are paralleling with an iGen inverter that is floating neutral then you need to change the iPro2500 to floating neutral. If you are paralleling two iPro2500s, both must be changed to floating neutral to properly function. See separate service bulletin on how to float GFCI outlet on iPro2500.
NOTE: ONCE YOU FLOAT THE GFCI THE IPRO2500 IS NO LONGER OHSA OR CSA COMPLIANT.
- If you are paralleling two iPro2500s you will first need to float the neutral on both inverters. If you are paralleling with a Westinghouse iGen inverter then you only have to float the neutral on the iPro2500. Remember floating the GFCI cannot be undone. See separate service bulletin on floating neutral for iPro2500.
- Electrically connect both ground lugs with 14 gage wire on the control panel of each inverter.
- Prior to starting either of the inverters reset the GFCI’s on the iPro2500 control panels that may have been tripped from previous attempts.
- Plug the parallel cord into each inverter to the lower receptacle.
- Turn both switches on the Westinghouse WHPC parallel cord to ON.
- Start the first inverter. Allow the output ready light to come on.
- Start the second inverter. Once the output ready light is on then you can use the WHPC outlets.